BALTIMORE CITY RENTAL INSPECTION PROCESS
The Baltimore City Rental Inspection takes about 30 minutes to conduct. Owners, landlords or property managers are not required to attend the inspection, however advanced noticed should be provided to any existing tenant or if vacant, proper access is available such as sentrilock or a lockbox.
We strongly recommend clients to review the inspection checklist requirements below within the unit(s) to be inspected in advance to avoid failing the inspection and having potential additional costs for re-inspections.
- Abate any open violation notices – CLICK HERE TO CHECK FOR VIOLATIONS ONLINE.
- Visit DHCD ONLINE to begin registration. You can also CHECK A PROPERTY REGISTRATION STATUS on the City’s website.
- If property built prior to 1978, the property must have a current Lead Certification.
- After you have registered your property and it has passed inspection, you must COMPLETE THE LICENSING PROCESS ONLINE within 30 days for 1-2 family units or within 90 days for multi-family units.
- Print your license. Make sure license is accessible in one and two-family units and posted in multi-family dwellings.
- Post a SANITATION GUIDE in common areas.