- All Multiple-family dwellings (MFD) must be licensed.
- All one- and two-unit dwellings must also be licensed.
- All rental units (including one- and two-unit dwellings) must pass an inspection to obtain a license.
- All rental units must have a sanitation plan educating tenants on proper waste storage and disposal.
- Effective date of January 1, 2019.
- There is now a tiered license expiration based on property owner’s compliance with code. All initial licenses are issued for a two-year period. When it is time for renewal, a landlord may be able to obtain a three-year license or be limited to a two- or one-year license based on your maintenance record and violation history.